Saturday, February 7, 2009

The NYTimes Chocolate Chip Cookies

My daughter's school is having a Valentine's Day Cake and Cookie Sale which is for raising money to donate to one foundation..and they've asked parents (not kids!) to make/buy some of cakes and cookies on purpose ! I then take advantage of this event to practise my cookie making skill since I don't do much of it for my baking era !

Given the theme as mentioned above , I finally decided to make a cookie instead of cake and opted for a chocolate chip cookie..honestly, it's more to my own desire than anything else..lol and that is a result of seeing lots of wonderful chocolate chip cookie recipes here and there !

Anyway, there actually are two chocolate chip cookie recipes that I'd like to try which ,according to my brifely research, seem popular ( among food bloggers ) and in my opinion, both are neck and neck..And undoubtedly, the NYTimes chocolate chip cookie is one of them ! Why??

Having seen lots of people made their cookies using this recipe and expressed how good it is, plus reading the article 'Perfection? Hint: It’s Warm and Has a Secret' written by David Leite...I then thought there's only one way to find out,like it said in the article...

Anyway,there expectedly is a difference between my cookie and the original one due to chocolate's quality and how I shaped the dough..even I was not unhappy with the result this time, yet I'm keen on having a second go at it and hope I could get the better outcome !


Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket

No comments: