Saturday, March 14, 2009

Black and White Sesame Cupcakes

I first saw this cake posted by lisa of lisaiscooking and 2 things about the cake that got my attention are sesame seed and sesame oil ! So I tried to seek for the original recipe and luckily, someone was nice enough to let me know about the link where the recipe could be found ! Thanks Khun Beam for that..

I did few changes to the original recipe anyway (typical me!..lol). Firstly I used both black and white sesame seed while the original calls for only black one. Secondly, I replaced plain flour with self-rising flour, then reduced sugar to just almost 3/4 cup and last thing is to transform it into 12 cupcakes instead of one big cake..

The cupcakes were nice..soft and slightly sweet which perfectly fitted my taste. The sesame seeds and oil did a wonderful job and certainly made a plain butter cake much more attractive. So if you like butter/pound cake and are fond of sesame, then this cake is highly recommended !


























6 comments:

dailydelicious said...

แบบว่าต้องหอมมากๆแน่เลยค่ะ

Steph said...

Koy, I love sesame seeds, white or black in baked goods. They add such a nice flavour and texture.

Chaiyut said...

อ้าว คนไทยนี้น่าา ว่าอยู่ ว่าทำไมอ่านเรื่องเบียร์ที่ Post ไว้ออกด้วย ขอบคุณนะครับที่มาตอบ Cupcakes น่าทานดีครับ แบบนี้ต้องเอาไปลอง

โอ้ว dailydelicious ก็มาเม้นต์ด้วย ขวัญใจผมเลย แอบขโมยสูตร ขโมยความรู้ ไปลองหลายอันแล้ว แต่ไม่เคยไปเม้นต์พี่เค้าเลย ขอบคุณผ่านทางคุณ Koy ด้วยนะครับ ขอบคุณทั้งสองคนเลยที่แชร์สิ่งดีๆ ให้

อยากเขียน Contents เป็นภาษาอังกฤษได้ดีแบบทั้งสองคนจัง.

test it comm said...

I like the sound of sesame seed cup cakes!

pepsakoy said...

Thanks for all visits and comments..

::: m a e b n u s ::: said...

แบบว่าเขินนิดหน่อย
คุณก้อยก้อ..นิดๆ หน่อยๆ เอง

งั้นเอาเป็นว่า...
ขอสามชิ้นละกันค่ะ อิอิอิ

แววตะกละออกเลย ^^