Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sweet Potato and Cheddar Soda Bread

I'd been longing to make soda bread but failed to find a recipe that I really liked until recently when I saw this soda bread posted by Kay of Dutch Girl Cooking..not only those ingredients like sweet potato or cheese made me tempted but also the looks shown on the post that really convinced me to give it a try !

Since it's my first time to make this kind of bread, so I decided to make a small portion by halving the recipe and simply followed through without making any change of it ( except I used dried thyme instead of fresh one and reduced baking time to 45 minutes) which was good because the outcome was wonderful..

Please click here for the full recipe and have a look at my version as following...






















5 comments:

oneordinaryday said...

Your bread turned out beautifully. I'm going to go back and find your recipe now and bookmark it. Bread is not my thing, but I want to learn so badly. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

This bread looks delicious! I'm not normally a huge sweet potato fan, but you're right the recipe sounds amazing! Yours turned our just beautifully! -e

Steph said...

I want to try a soda bread too, but I'm not sure what recipe to try. By the way, Koy I finally successfully made a foam cake. It's not a sponge, but a chiffon and enough to make me excited! I love these lighter cakes.

dailydelicious said...

น่าลองเป็นอย่างยิ่งค่ะ ^ ^

test it comm said...

Sweet potato and cheddar would go well together.