Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Carrot Cupcakes

I'd made a number of carrot cakes using a few different recipes but surprisingly, none of them appeared to be my favorite! Thus, everytime when I found or came accross an interesting recipe of carrot cake, I would undoubtedly give it a try and hope it could become my prime!

And finally I found the one.. The one that I am truly fond of.. The one that I know I could rely on..the one that is the one I'd been looking for and it's simply just the one for me!!

And here is the one ( adapted from here )

Ingredient (make 12 cupcakes):

1 cup plus 2 tbsps self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 scant tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 extra large eggs ,at room temperature
80 g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil
1.5 cups grated carrot
1/2 cup raisin
1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple (lightly drained)

Method :

1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups. Sift together the first five ingredients and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the raisin and pineapple and set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until reaches the ribbon stage about 7-8 minutes. Add in the oil and mix, still on high speed, until well combined for 2 minutes. Fold the flour mixture into the batter using spatula and gently mix until just incoperated. Then stir in the carrot, raisin and pineapple. Divide the batter into 12 cups and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Let cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.

Make the cream cheese frosting :

1 tbsp butter, soften
1 tbsp icing sugar
145 g cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp grated orange zest

Beat the butter and icing until light and fluffy. Gradually add cream cheese and beat well after each addition until smooth. Add the zest and mix until well blended then mix in the cream ..make sure you don'tovermix the cream otherwise it might be curdled. Spread on top of cool cupcakes.


















No comments: