Monday, May 24, 2010

Paximathakia Portokaliou

Paximathakia Portokaliou...what the heck is it ?? This question immediately came through my head and mind when I saw this name on The Wednesday Chef site ( written by Luisa Weiss )..and no doubt, I knew I needed to find out what it is before I even could pronounce it properly !

Given myself not a big fan of cookie at any rate, yet I couldn't resist giving it a try after I've found out that it's just a kind of biscotti ( for Greek version ) and that's because of nothing but its name !!!

Without knowing what to expect, I halved the recipe but ended up using less flour mixture than the original calls for ( I measured by cup , not by weight though and decided to stop adding the flour when I thought it became a bit too dry ) and I used a dough hook for the most of kneading process ( just kneaded by hand for last few minutes ) which everything went well without any problem !

As for the result, I have nothing more about this cookie to say than what Luisa's already said on her post..    











No comments: