Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Browned Butter Blueberry and White Chocolate Blondies

What I love about browned butter is its wonderful aroma produced during browning process and also a nutty smell that makes the batter more charming to me..and the reason why I made these blondies is certainly a browned butter called for in the recipe!

I've found the recipe in Olive magazine (July issue) and what caught my attention firstly is a photo of the blondies and when I read through the recipe, I then decided to give it a try without a second thought! Anyway, I didn't use raspberry as the original recipe does. I instead replaced it with blueberries left from being used for my previous traybake and I also modified the recipe a bit to suit my preference.

As for the result, the texture of my version wasn't as fudgy as I expected to be like the one seen in the magazine and that could probably be a result of my modification. Anyway, I thought the blueberry and white chocolate made a great duo for the blondies and it just simply delicious!!

Recipe ( adapted from here )

200g unsalted butter , plus extra for the tin
150g white chocolate , roughly chopped
200g light muscovado sugar
3 large eggs
200g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g blueberries  
 
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter, then line, a shallow rectangular tin, ( I used 7'' * 11'' tin). Melt the butter in a pan, then cook gently for about 5 minutes, until the white solids turn golden and the butter smells biscuity and sweet. Cool for 5 minutes, then add half the white chocolate and set aside for a couple of minutes to melt. Stir until smooth.


2. Use electric beaters to whisk the muscovado sugar and eggs together until thick and pale. Add the chocolatey butter and vanilla and mix until blened , then fold in the flour and salted using a metal spoon or spatula until even.

3. Pour the mix into the tin, then scatter with the rest of the chocolate and the raspberries. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until risen all over ( it took only 20 minutes for my oven) , with a dark golden crust. Cool completely in the tin, then cut into pieces.
 
 
















No comments: