Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thyme and Pepper Cornmeal Crackers

With time limited whenever I feel like baking something on a busy day, then there're not too many choices for me to choose but strangely, I always opt for crackers!


I decided to make this cookie straight away when I've found it here in the first place.. but for some reason ( which more often than not that I can't remember what it is like this time!) I ended up with the version I've done!!


Here is my version..


Ingredients

80 g wholemeal flour
100 g AP flour
50 g cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 scant tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sesame seeds
75 g butter
5-6 tbsp milk
2 scant tbsp dijon mustard 
Method :

1. Preheat the oven to gas 5 and line 2 baking sheets with non-stick paper.

2. Mix the dry ingredients, thyme and seasoning in a bowl. Add the butter and rub in.

3. In a cup, mix the milk and mustard together and stir into the flour mixture to make a soft dough.

4. Knead for a few times and wrap the dough in cling film , then let it stand in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Take the dough out and roll out thinly onto lightly floured surface and stamp out rounds with a cookie cutter. Roll the trimmings and stamp more rounds until all the dough is used. Pinch with a fork and bake for 8-10 minutes or so, until they’re lightly browned.

























1 comment:

Andie said...

Wow, your crackers look better than the original, I'm so happy you tried my recipe! Now I must try your version, you made me crave it! :) Hugs, Andie