Friday, February 3, 2012

Eccles Cake

I am sure most of English people know what Eccles cake is because it's kind of a traditional British cake. Even though it's called 'cake' but in fact , this small round thing with currants and mixed peels filling is made with puff pastry instead of cake batter ( find out more details about eccles cake here. )

Anyway, I've found a version that is made in a real cake form and for some reason, it made me interested in more than an authentic one and here is what I proudly present..

The recipe could be found here.















































2 comments:

Linda @ Lemon Drop said...

what a fantastic idea and your pics are beautiful. I love this!!!

Y said...

What a great idea! I love eccles cakes in their original form. Never would have thought to bake them as fluffy cakes!