Sunday, March 18, 2012

Garlic & Herbs Pot-baked Bread

I've got a few of leftover dishes kept in the fridge and freezer waiting to be eaten...so I decided not to cook anything this weekend and have tried to clear them away as soon as possible before I couldn't resist cooking new things that have also been waiting to be given a try!

Eventhough I have managed to stop myself from cooking at the moment but I simply found some excuses to continue playing with something in the kitchen.:) This bread was intendedly made to serve along with the leftover of smoked haddock & jerusalem artichoke gartin (sorry, neither post or photo are available to be seen ! )

I've firstly found the original a while ago on PWC ( The Pioneer Woman Cooks ) and recently seen it again from Joy the Baker..this time I didn't make a mistake to leave it ignored for a long timeee!

Here is my version :

2 cups bread flour
1 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 scant cup warm water
2 ounces butter, melted
a spoonful of thyme & rosemary leaves
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar

The method could be found here and here.























    
Ps. this bread has also been posted to yeastspotting hosted by Susan of Wildyeast.

No comments: