Friday, January 18, 2013

Apple Pie Cake


I was disappointed with an apple kuchen I made last weekend that turned out totally different from how I expected it to be...and typical me, I couldn't get over with easily..so I knew myself that I needed to do something to cheer myself up and I ended up with this apple cake by mixing & matching between few recipes!

This is what I've done..


Ingredients for the apple pie filling :

3 large apple ( I used Fuji )
1/4 cup raisin
2 TB brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp all spice
a squeeze of lemon juice

Ingredients for the batter :
(A)
4 egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tar tar
2 TB sugar
(whisk ingredients till stiffed, set aside)

(B)
4 egg yolk
2 TB sugar
2 TB self raising flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
4 TB canola oil
(beat yolks, sugar, vanilla and the oil till fluffy, sift in the flour, salt + baking powder and fold everything until well combined and smooth)

To Assemble : fold ingredients (A) into (B) by 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not over mix the batter.

Method :

Preheat the oven to 180c. Line 8*8 inches pan with parchment paper. Pour 1/3 batter to the tin , then evenly spread the filling over the batter and top the filling with the remaining batter. Bake for 30-45 minutes until done.













































No comments: