Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Semolina Wholewheat Pumpkin Seed Crackers



I was tempted to make rye & pumpkin seed crackers that I've found in the latest issue of BBCgoodfood magazine but because that I didn't have or, in fact, never have rye flour stocked in my cupboard, so it kind of made me have second thoughts and came up with an idea of making something different, yet similar which I ended up with these crackers !


The recipe :

100g semolina flour
100g wholewheat flour
60g pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 scant tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup water  

Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form the dough, then knwad briefly until smooth. Wrap the dough with cling film and let to rest for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 140c. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, roll each out as thinly as possible and cut into squares or any shape you want..Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the tray and flip each cracker over and returen to the oven for a further 30-45 minutes until crispy. Cool on wire rack and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.


























































 
 

No comments: