Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blueberry Icecream Bread


My attention was firstly cought by the name of this bread and even more when I had a look through the recipe..Honestly, with only three ingredients to make a batter didn't really make me convinced that it's gonna turn out to be something terrific. However, I was eager to find out if my doubt was gonna be right or wrong, so nothing's better than making it by myself !

Once the batter was done..it didn't look promising to me at all and I began to hesitate whether I should give up or go ahead.. but there's nothing more to lose..except another hour in the oven..so why bother to have a second thought ??

Only half way through the baking time, the bread already gave out an unbelievably nice smell until I had to walk into the kitchen to have a look. To my surprise, the bread had risen beautifully and looked now much better than before it's sent into the oven! I then became excited and couldn't wait to see the final outcome..

I must say that not only this is the oddest bread I've ever made but also it's unexpectedly the best quick bread I've ever eaten..given only five ingredients called for plus a very easy preparation! Try it yourself and you won't be disappointed..I guarantee!

The recipe ( slightly adapted from here. )

A pint of icecream ( I used Dreyer's blueberry cheescake )
11/2 cups self-raising flour
30 g melted butter
1 cup fresh blueberries
some granola to sprinkle

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line an 8 x 4 bread pan with parchment paper.

2. Mix softened ice cream and flour together in a stand mixer or with a hand held mixer until combined. Pour in the butter and mix throughly. Add 3/4 cup blueberries and mix into the batter.

3. Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining blueberries and granola over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-55 minutes until top is golden brown. Cool on wirerack before slicing and serve.





















































  

 

No comments: